Senior pitcher Greg Greve (32) throws the ball during a game against Penn State April 19 at Bill Davis Stadium. OSU lost, 7-5. Credit: Tim Moody / Lantern photographer

Then-senior pitcher Greg Greve (32) throws the ball during a game against Penn State April 19 at Bill Davis Stadium. OSU lost, 7-5.
Credit: Tim Moody / Sports editor

Two Ohio State baseball players might be heading to the major leagues after being selected in the 2014 MLB Draft Saturday.

Right-handed pitcher Greg Greve, a senior during the 2014 season, was selected by the Miami Marlins in the 29th round. Greve led the Buckeyes with seven wins during his senior campaign, was named to third team All-Big Ten team and finished with a 3.36 ERA in 85.2 innings with 14 starts.

Greve, a Cleveland native, was previously selected in the 45th round of the 2010 MLB First-Year Player Draft by the San Francisco Giants before heading to OSU, where he started 12 games as a true freshman.

In addition to Greve, Jacob Niggemeyer, a 2014-15 commit, was selected in the 28th round by the Chicago Cubs. Niggemeyer, who played baseball at Olentangy Liberty High School in Powell, Ohio, was named OCC-Central player of the year and first team All-Ohio during his junior and senior seasons.

Niggemeyer finished with a 9-2 record and a 0.53 ERA in his senior year of high school. A right-handed pitcher, Niggemeyer also hit for a .350 average, including 10 doubles and 30 runs batted in.

A recently drafted NFL player was also selected by an MLB team Saturday: Cleveland Browns quarterback and 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was selected in the 28th round by the San Diego Padres.

Manziel was selected with the 22nd overall pick in the first round of the NFL Draft by the Browns in May.

There are currently three former OSU baseball players in the majors: Nick Swisher plays for the Cleveland Indians, J.B. Shuck for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Cory Luebke for the San Diego Padres.