Home » Opinion » Editorials » Editorial: New section name better reflects mission

Editorial: New section name better reflects mission

The Lantern’s ‘Opinion’ page logo in 1987. Credit: Lantern archives

The Lantern’s ‘Opinion’ page logo in 1987.
Credit: Lantern archives

LANTERN STAFF

Whether you’re an avid or occasional reader of The Lantern, you might notice something different about this section today — its name. This page used to be called “Student Voice,” in a nod to the student commentaries and other opinion pieces that run here. But now, it’s the “Opinion” section.

We feel this better reflects what the page has become: a place where faculty, staff, alumni, parents and, yes, students, can contribute their thoughts on what’s happening on campus and around the world. The section hasn’t been exclusively about students for a while, and it was time to make a change that reflects that.

We want to hear all of your opinions, whatever your affiliation with Ohio State is. We want to continue to dedicate this space to voicing those opinions and those of our editorial board. And we hope you continue to send us your thoughts and comments.

One comment

1. While you’re at it, how about renaming The Lantern to “Solo Cup”?
    Would better represent the tunnel vision approach to reporting inane undergrad bro culture that most of the articles are inclined to represent here. There are plenty of real stories happening around campus, serious issues from various levels of education and/or administration and teaching. But the “journalists” her at The Lantern can’t seem to focus on anything other than athletics for more than a week.