Home » Campus » Human remains found in off-campus residence

Human remains found in off-campus residence

An off-campus house has been taped off by the Columbus Division of Police since Tuesday night after human remains were found in a residence, according to local media reports.

Columbus Division of Police have taped off a residence location at 13th Avenue and 4th Street after human remains were found inside, according to local media. Credit: Franz Ross / Lantern TV station manager

Columbus Division of Police have taped off a residence located at 13th Avenue and 4th Street after human remains were found inside, according to local media.
Credit: Franz Ross / Lantern TV station manager

CPD officers on the scene, located at East 13th Avenue and 4th Street, said they had no further details Wednesday morning.

As of Wednesday afternoon, calls to CPD public information officers have gone unreturned.

Officers are treating the death as a homicide until they can rule out foul play, 10TV said. It is typical protocol for homicide officers to respond to scenes like this one.

A Lantern TV employee who lives in the area said he overheard a CPD officer say it was one of the worst scenes he’s seen when interviewing people in the area late Tuesday night.

1. student living around 12th

I am going to buy a gun. Today. Finally, I have reached my threshold for all the stuffs going on to the east of high street and south of woodruff.

2. student living around 12th

I am going to Cabela’s to get a gun today after class. I cannot put up with all the stuffs going on along 4th and summit anymore. This is crazy.

3. you can’t shoot a ghost bro

4. That ish cray seems like someone turned up too much

5. The guys been dead since winter. It wasn’t murder. It was just gross cause no one found him for months. Homeless guy. Probably froze to death or o.d. It’ll come out in a couple day. 8 layers of shirts and a sweatshirt, and no blood… Pretty obvious.

6. maybe it’s the guy who disappeared from ugly tuna?

7. See picture of dude standing on porch on google maps 2012 street view (as viewed from 13th looking north). eerie.

8. Makes you wonder. Guy either died this winter or last. But I’m not sure that’s the house…I was told it was a duplex with connected attics.