Anil Makhija is set to become Fisher College of Business's new dean Nov. 1 pending Board approval.  Credit: Courtesy of OSU

Anil Makhija is set to become Fisher College of Business’s new dean Nov. 1 pending Board approval.
Credit: Courtesy of OSU

Ohio State’s Fisher College of Business has found a new dean following the current dean’s decision not to seek reappointment.

Anil Makhija, who is currently a senior associate dean within the college, will replace current dean Christine Poon on Nov. 1, pending approval from the OSU Board of Trustees. Makhija’s selection was announced Tuesday.

Poon announced she would not seek reappointment in December.

Poon didn’t immediately respond to a Tuesday afternoon email asking about her decision.

Makhija is set to make $490,008 in his new role, OSU spokeswoman Amy Murray said in an email. Murray was not able to immediately provide his current salary, however.

Poon earned $534,298 as an annual base salary in 2013.

Makhija — who has more than 20 years experience in academic leadership roles, according to a university release — is an expert in capital structure, corporate governance and valuation. He has been on the faculty of Fisher since 1998, and he also served as an associate dean of executive education programs.

“Anil has been integral in helping to build Fisher into one of the most respected business schools in the nation,” said OSU President Michael Drake in the release. “He brings an extraordinary depth of business expertise, academic accomplishment and leadership experience to this important role of dean.”

The Board is set to meet Nov. 6-7.