Singer Beyonce is set to drop two new songs — ‘7/11’ and ‘Ring Off’ — in the ‘platinum edition’ of her 2013 self-titled album.  Credit: Screenshot of Beyonce’s music video for ‘7/11’

Singer Beyonce is set to drop two new songs — ‘7/11’ and ‘Ring Off’ — in the ‘platinum edition’ of her 2013 self-titled album.
Credit: Screenshot of Beyonce’s music video for ‘7/11’

Two new songs, “7/11” and “Ring Off,” both of which will be included in the “platinum edition” of Beyoncé’s eponymous 2013 album, leaked last week. On Friday, Queen Bey blessed all of us by dropping the music video for “7/11,” and to no one’s surprise, she doesn’t disappoint. 

Unlike the polished and movie-like videos her fans have become accustomed to, the entirety of “7/11” looks so impromptu that it could have been shot with a GoPro during a slumber party. The video opens with Beyoncé balcony-dancing in cheetah print panties and a “Kale” sweatshirt, but it isn’t long until she’s joined by a handful of gorgeous backup dancers in their airbrushed “Smack It” underwear. 

It seems to offer fans a more personal insight compared to her typical videos, filmed in what looks like a hotel, the video even features a Blue Ivy cameo. Littered with casual apparel and underwear hangs and red Solo cups, it’s as if she’s saying, “Guys, the only difference between me and you is just about a billion dollars and a couple fur coats.” Well, also if we ignore the fact that she’s capable of looking like a goddess even when dialing her foot like a phone. 

And I know, I know, what all the naysayers are gonna say. That’s the point of the video, to make us all think that she’s just as goofy and unrehearsed as the rest of us. Beyoncé dances pantless while drinking, too. Finally, something attainable that we can relate to ­— it’s all probably just a part of her genius PR plan for world domination, right?

In true die-hard Beyoncé fan form, I want to believe that this video was thrown together while messing around and is an actual representation of a stripped-down Beyoncé, but while appearing improvised and spontaneous, it would be naive to believe so. We are talking about a woman who was capable of keeping an entire album with accompanying videos under lock and key. If Beyoncé’s got anything, it’s a plan. 

I think it’s safe to bet that every move was well thought out, and although I don’t foresee it igniting another “Imma let you finish” Kanye moment, the video does match the up-beat and melody-free song, made for the club and not the Grammys. The song lends itself to something more loose and fun, making this video fitting. 

After watching it about a dozen times, it does beg one question though: why am I in college and not in the pursuit of becoming one of Beyoncé’s backup dancers who she nonchalantly drops dice over while half naked? Of course I’m kidding — sort of. 

One thing’s for sure, Beyoncé has proven mesmerizing in any form. The deluxe edition of her self-titled album is available Monday.