Ohio State sophomore defensive lineman Joey Bosa was named the Big Ten Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Player of the Year on Monday, a day after he was named the conference’s top defensive lineman.

Bosa — who is already a finalist for the Lombardi Award and the Chuck Bednarik Award — leads the Buckeyes with 13.5 sacks and 20 tackles for loss this season. Those numbers put him atop the Big Ten in both categories, and in the top five nationally.

The Fort Lauderdale, Fla., native needs just half a sack to tie Vernon Gholston’s school record of 14 in a season. Bosa has also totaled 46 tackles this season to go with four forced fumbles and three additional quarterback hits.

Bosa was named the Big Ten’s Defensive Player of the Week after the Buckeyes defeated Penn State in double overtime. He sacked Nittany Lion sophomore quarterback Christian Hackenberg on the final play of the second extra period to seal the win.

In addition to his pair of individual awards, Bosa was named first team All-Big Ten by both the coaches and the media in a unanimous vote on Monday.

He is the first Buckeye to be named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year since John Simon in 2012. Overall, Bosa is the seventh OSU player to win the award.

Bosa and the Buckeyes are scheduled to return to the field on Saturday against Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship Game. Kickoff is set for 8:17 p.m. at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.