Sam Smith is set play the Schottenstein Center in July. Credit: Courtesy of David Redelberger

Sam Smith is set play the Schottenstein Center in July.
Credit: Courtesy of the Schottenstein Center

Two weeks off his big sweep at the Grammys, singer Sam Smith has been scheduled to play at the Schottenstein Center at Ohio State.

Smith is set for a July 29 date in Columbus after beginning his North American tour on July 18 in Charlotte, N.C.

Smith’s debut album, “In the Lonely Hour,” recently jumped back up to No. 1 on the U.K. album chart after his claim to four Grammys, the most for a U.K. artist’s debut.

Smith won Grammys for Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album, and the album’s lead (and multi-platinum) single, “Stay With Me,” was awarded Best Song and Best Record on Feb. 8.

Amid the single’s success, Smith also faced plagiarism accusations because of the song’s similarity to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ 1989 hit “I Won’t Back Down.” Though Petty called the similarities a “musical accident,” an out-of-court settlement in January gave Petty and Jeff Lynne songwriting credit for “Stay With Me” and the two will earn royalties from its success.

Smith’s upcoming concert at the Schottenstein Center is part of his second arena tour. He previously sold out shows at Madison Square Garden and the Forum in Los Angeles.

Public tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. at livenation.com and ticketmaster.com. With fees, tickets range from $42.85 to $90.35.