Ohio State’s Spring Commencement Speaker was unveiled this week. Former Ohio State running back and 2-time Heisman trophy winner Archie Griffin will be returning to Ohio Stadium this May. This time, he’ll be taking the stage in front of more than 10,000 Ohio State graduates. As the CEO of Ohio State’s alumni association, he represents more than 500,000 members of the Buckeye family and will be welcoming this year’s graduates as they make this transition.

Ohio State president Michael Drake also officially made a transition of his own from joining the university last June to taking his oath of office on Tuesday. Drake was officially invested in a formal ceremony at Mershon Auditorium at which he presented his three main goals for the university: affordability, scholarship, and  diversity.

Drake marks Ohio State’s 15th president but one candidate could become the 10th Ohio State Marching Band director. A finalist for the position visited campus and met with members of the Ohio State spring athletic band, as well as the marching band starting Wednesday. Corey Spurlin, associate director of bands, marching band director and associate professor of music at Auburn University, led the athletic band’s rehearsal Wednesday, followed by a question and answer period with athletic band members. The university originally said the search process for a new director was supposed to wrap up by mid-February but OSU spokesman Chris Davey told The Lantern that time constraints slowed down the selection process last semester.

Also, if you’ve passed through South Oval this week, you may have noticed that Mirror Lake is fenced off once again. The construction around the lake is part of a $160,000 sustainability project, investing in the lake’s infrastructure.

This week’s episode of Buckeye News Now brings you all that and more, including Buckeye football, upgrades at the Recreation and Physical Activity Center and your weekly weather forecast.