Junior forward Lindsay Agnew (20) maintains possession during a match against Illinois State on Aug. 21. Credit: Courtesy of OSU

A windy evening in Champaign, Illinois, was the setting for the Ohio State women’s soccer team’s 1-1 draw to the Illinois Fighting Illini on Friday night.

The Fighting Illini were the first to strike when junior midfielder Allison Stucky scored in the 18th minute from 25 yards out.

The Buckeyes quickly answered when sophomore midfielder Sydney Dudley received an assist on the right wing from junior forward Lindsay Agnew six yards out in the 21st minute.

The score was Dudley’s first goal of the season.

The two teams entered halftime deadlocked, though the Fighting Illini lead the Buckeyes 10-2 in total shots and 5-1 on goal.

OSU returned from halftime with several opportunities to score, controlling most of possession throughout the second half.

In the 54th minute, Agnew appeared to have scored, but a foul on the play refuted the go-ahead goal.

Neither team found the back of the net over the final 36 minutes, meaning the match would head to overtime.

After a scoreless overtime period, the game went to double overtime. The final few minutes of the game featured a frantic stretch, as both teams scrambled to score but couldn’t get it done, resulting in the 1-1 draw.

Freshman goalkeeper Devon Kerr made her first career start for the Buckeyes, standing strong with 10 saves.

At the game’s end, the Fighting Illini held a 22-14 advantage in total shots and a 12-8 edge in shots on goal. However, the Buckeyes led 5-3 in corner kicks.

OSU moved to 6-3-3 on the season and 1-2-2 in Big Ten play with the draw, while the Illini