OSU redshirt senior H-back Braxton Miller (5) runs with the ball during a game against Michigan State on Nov. 21 at Ohio Stadium. Credit: Samantha Hollingshead | Photo Editor

Ohio State’s 17-14 loss at home to Michigan State on Saturday not only ended its nation-leading 23-game winning streak but also ended its three-week stint as the No. 3 team in the College Football Playoff rankings.

On Tuesday, the CFP committee released its fourth of six sets of rankings, which featured the 10-1 Buckeyes dropping from the third spot to No. 8.

Two Big Ten teams now sit in front of OSU in the rankings: the team that ruined its perfect record, Michigan State (No. 5), and undefeated Iowa (No. 4).

Iowa has already clinched the Big Ten West Division and a spot in the Big Ten Championship Game. Michigan State can lock the East division up with a win over Penn State on Saturday, but if the Spartans get upset, the winner of the OSU vs. Michigan game will earn the trip to Indianapolis to face off with the Hawkeyes.

The other undefeated team, Clemson, remained in the top spot for the fourth time in as many polls. One-loss Alabama stood strong in the No. 2 spot for the third straight week.

Rounding out the top four with Iowa was No. 3 Oklahoma, which springboarded Notre Dame, Iowa and Oklahoma State from last week’s No. 7 ranking for one of the tentative playoff spots.

After topping Wisconsin 13-7 on the road, No. 16 Northwestern knocked the Badgers out of the top 25 and trimmed the number of Big Ten schools appearing in the rankings to five.

Two more sets of rankings are set to be announced: one on Dec. 1, followed by the final top 25 and bowl selections on Dec. 6, the day after conference championships conclude.

The entire top 25 of the fourth set of CFP rankings can be found below:

1. Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Iowa
  5. Michigan State
  6. Notre Dame
  7. Baylor
  8. Ohio State
  9. Stanford
  10. Michigan
  11. Oklahoma State
  12. Florida
  13. Florida State
  14. North Carolina
  15. Navy
  16. Northwestern
  17. Oregon
  18. Ole Miss
  19. TCU
  20. Washington State
  21. Mississippi State
  22. UCLA
  23. Utah
  24. Toledo
  25. Temple