Two police vehicles block access to East 12th Avenue, where an alleged stabbing took place early Sunday morning. Credit: Kevin Stankiewicz | Assistant Sports Editor

Two police vehicles block access to East 12th Avenue, where a stabbing took place early Sunday morning. Credit: Kevin Stankiewicz | Assistant Sports Editor

A stabbing at the corner of East 12th Avenue and North Pearl Street early Sunday morning resulted in three individuals being taken to the Wexner Medical Center, according to Columbus Division of Police Sgt. Patrick Shaffer.

The three individuals are believed to be in their mid-20s, but Shaffer said Columbus Police do not believe anyone involved is affiliated with Ohio State.

Upon arriving at the scene, police identified two victims, Shaffer said. One was in “pretty serious condition” with slices to his back, while the other individual’s wounds were “minor.”

The third individual was found shortly afterward near North Pearl Street and East 14th Avenue, Shaffer said.

“The two guys we found here described the guy they said attacked them,” Shaffer said. “We’ve caught him. He had a wound to his leg. I’m not sure if he was stabbed or what it was.”

Shaffer said he does not believe that any of the injuries sustained by the individuals are life-threatening.

Mohamed Megahed, owner of Cluck-A-Doodle-Doo, a restaurant located at 24 E. 12th Ave., said he was outside smoking a cigarette when the incident unfolded.

Megahed said he saw three individuals “talking s—” to one another, which sparked a physical confrontation among the trio. He said someone was “punched in the face” before a knife was pulled by one of the three men.

“Oh yeah,” Megahed said when asked if the injuries looked serious. “You could see the bone.”

Shaffer described the injuries sustained to one of the victims as “scary” but he reiterated that they were not life-threatening, as the wound wasn’t gushing blood or near any major arteries.

Columbus Police are questioning all three individuals at the hospital, Shaffer said, as they continue to investigate how the altercation unfolded and determine each individual’s role in the incident.