Fisher Spring Internship and Career Fair

Students interested in a career at companies like Amazon and Honda can find opportunities at the Fisher Spring Internship and Career Fair on Feb. 2 in the Ohio Union. While the fair is geared toward students with a business background, Director of the Fisher College Office of Career Management Mark Wilson said in an email that there are some companies recruiting all majors as well. He added that students are expected to dress professionally and have already done research on the companies they are interested in.

“The employers attending have openings for internships and full-time positions they are trying to fill for this summer,” Wilson said. “Many of the employers will (be) conducting interviews the day after the fair or within the next two weeks.”

The fair will be in the Archie Griffin Ballroom on the second floor. A coat check will be available for $1 and a full list of companies is available through the OSU Career Fair mobile app.

Society of Women Engineers Career Fair

More than 2,000 students and 150 employers are expected to attend the Society of Women Engineers Career Fair on Feb. 3. The fair allows students to meet with employers from Ohio, as well as across the country, said Amy Franklin, employer services manager at Engineering Career Services.

“Proceeds from this well-attended event support engineering student organizations on campus in addition to providing scholarships and programs to meet SWE’s key pillars of professional leadership, education and outreach, knowledge and reaching full potential,” she said.

She added that companies at the fair will primarily be recruiting engineering majors, but anyone with a BuckID is eligible to attend. The fair will be held in the Great Hall Meeting Room and Performance Hall on the main floor and the Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom on the second floor of the Ohio Union. A name badge is required for admission and can be printed at Engineering Career Services. Student admission will begin at 11 a.m. and will continue until 4 p.m. A mobile app is available with a full list of companies.

HireOhio Alumni Career Fair

The Bill and Susan Lhota Office of Alumni Career Management will host the HireOhio Alumni Career Fair on May 23. The fair will take place in the Ohio Union from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

This fair is open to graduating seniors, as well as anyone in the surrounding area with a four-year degree, said Marilyn Rice, director of the Lhota Office of Alumni Career Management.

“We’re the host, but we have other schools there. As long as you have a four-year degree, you’re welcome to come,” she said. “Graduate students might want to come, too.”

Rice said that a variety of industries will be represented, hiring from all majors, and interested individuals can register online.

“We have organizations that are schools, education, nonprofit,” she said. “It’s unique in that when the colleges put on their career fairs, it’s obviously for that — just engineering, just business; this one is for all alumni, so you know, for many, many different industries.”