Adriatico's New York Style Pizza is located at 265 W 11th Ave., offering its famous "Zoni." Muyao

Adriatico’s New York Style Pizza is located at 265 W 11th Ave., offering its famous “Zoni.” Credit: Muyao Shen | Assistant Photo Editor

For the past 38 years, Adriatico’s has been a go-to place for Ohio State students hungry for authentic, handmade New York style pizza, thus earning it the Best Pizza award for The Lantern’s Best of OSU poll.

It has been serving its famous pizza, along with subs, salads, pasta dinners and its signature “Zonis” from its 265 W. 11th Ave. location to its loyal customers for decades.

“We work very hard to do what the customers want and we really value having a long-term relationship,” said Jameson Wagner, a manager at Adriatico’s who graduated from OSU and has worked there for 10 years.

Adriatico’s sauce has helped it earn accolades on top of The Lantern’s, including Critic’s Choice and People’s Choice Best Pizza in the Slice of Columbus competition for Nationwide Children’s Hospital in 2014.

“Our sauce is different than anyone else’s and we take a lot of pride in that,” Wagner said.

Besides putting out a high-quality product, Adriatico’s also brings families together.

Nick Barlow, a third-year in mechanical engineering, said he and his older brother meet their father for pizza at Adriatico’s every Thursday night.

“I get to see family, hang out and eat great pizza,” he said. “The food is always good and we always have great service.”

The OSU and Columbus staple has even appealed to the taste buds of students from around the world.

Weran Zhou, a second-year in mathematics and an international student from China, said he has not tasted anything else in this country like Adriatico’s.

“This is the best pizza I have ever had in America,” he said.

Adriatico’s is open every day for dine-in, pickup and delivery from 11 to 1:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 to 2:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 to 12:30 a.m. on Sunday.