Students from a variety of majors at Ohio State are pulling their talents together in the name of fashion.

The Fashion Production Association at OSU will be holding its annual fashion show on tonight at 8 p.m. in the Archie Griffin Ballroom at the Ohio Union.

Each year, the show has a different theme. This year’s show is titled “Expressions,” featuring five different acts basing their designs, music and set around one emotion. These groups include bliss, sorrow, surprise, rage and passion. Each group was given the freedom to design their garments and all the aspects of their act of the show.

“They have deadlines, they have to find their own fabrics, make all their garments themselves,” said Jeffry Hopfensperger, a third-year in political science and fashion and retail studies and PR Chair of FPA, of the work that goes in for the design students.

The FPA is a student organization that accepts students of all majors, more than just fashion and retail. The organization breaks down into two groups, design and production, allowing students in the organization to work on more than just designing clothes.

The fashion show is the culmination of a school-year’s worth of work for FPA students.

“It’s challenging to get the group as a whole to consent to what they see as the vision for each act of the show. But then once it comes together, and the designs come together that fit those acts, it’s all worth it,” said Ian Adams, a third-year in marketing and fashion and retail studies and director of production for FPA.

Tickets will be sold at the door, $10 for students and $15 for non-students. Doors open at 7 p.m., with a silent auction before the show.. Proceeds from the auction benefit the Ronald McDonald House, and proceeds from ticket sales help fund the show.

“Even if you’re not necessarily into fashion, you’re contributing to a good cause,”  Hopfensperger said. “It’s an opportunity to do something with your friends, get somewhat involved, and honestly I think there’s kind of more to it than just looking at clothes.”