Cam Burrows talks to the media on Aug. 12 after practice at the Woddy Hayes Athletic Center. Credit: Jacob Myers | Assistant Photo Editor

Just days before the season opener, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer indicated on Wednesday that redshirt junior Cam Burrows could miss the entire 2016 campaign. Meyer was not confident the defensive back was going to be healthy enough to play for the Buckeyes this season.

“I don’t think he’s going to play this season,” Meyer said.

An OSU spokesperson told the media on Wednesday that Burrow’s foot was bothering him.

After appearing to be fully healthy for the first time since his sophomore campaign back in 2014, he was forced to redshirt in the 2015 season after breaking his foot.

Burrows began his career at Ohio State with lofty expectations, as he was a four-star recruit according to 247Sports back in 2012. He was viewed as the second best recruit in the state of Ohio, the eighth best cornerback prospect and the 61st best recruit overall.

When OSU released its first depth chart on Tuesday, Burrows was not on the two-deep at safety. Redshirt sophomore Malik Hooker and junior Damon Webb are scheduled to start at the two safety positions with freshman Jordan Fuller and junior Erick Smith serving as the primary backups.