An OSU helmet sits on the field before the 45th annual BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 1 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. Credit: Lantern File Photo

The naming of junior quarterback J.T. Barrett, redshirt senior center Pat Elflein and junior linebacker Raekwon McMillan as captains came as little surprise to Buckeye fans.

However, OSU coach Urban Meyer announced Friday that four more names would be added to the list of captains for the season. Fifth-year senior linebacker Joe Burger, redshirt junior offensive lineman Billy Price, redshirt junior cornerback Gareon Conley and junior defensive end Tyquan Lewis were given the honor.

Lewis, alongside redshirt sophomore Sam Hubbard, will be starting this season for the Buckeyes at defensive end. Last season, Lewis led the team in sacks with eight, as well as racking up 54 total tackles.

Set to start for his third straight season along the offensive line for OSU, Price earned freshman All-American honors in 2014 and picked up third-team all-Big Ten recognition last season.

Replacing the departed Eli Apple as the No. 1 cornerback, Conley has appeared in 28 games in his career for OSU. Meyer and cornerbacks coach Kerry Coombs have turned to Conley this season to mentor the upcoming players in the secondary, since he is the only player with extensive experience at the position.

Once only a walk-on with the program, Burger is looking to finish his career with the Scarlet and Gray on a high note. After earning a scholarship with the team last season, Burger played extensively on special teams, and has appeared in 34 games as a Buckeye.

Each of the four players was chosen through a team vote.