OSU junior defensive end Joey Bosa (97) runs with the football after intercepting a pass in a game against Michigan on Nov. 28 at Michigan Stadium. Credit: Lantern File Photo

After the long drawn out saga of contract negotiations between former OSU standout Joey Bosa and the San Diego Chargers, the team announced they have signed the third overall pick from this year’s NFL draft.

Bosa, a unanimous first-team All-American from 2014, registered 13.5 sacks that year. He was considered an instrumental part of the national championship run of the Buckeyes.

“We look forward to having Joey join us and getting him prepared as quickly as possible for the 2016 season,” Tom Telesco, general manager of the Chargers, said after the announcement.

The details of the contract have yet to be released. The contract is for four years.

Bosa drew scrutiny from the team and fans after refusing for months to sign the contract offer from the Chargers. His agent said both sides had disagreements over the language of the contract.

With this signing, all first round picks from this year’s draft have been signed.