OSU sophomore midfielder Abdi Mohamed dribbles the ball against UC Santa Barbara at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. Credit: Ohio State Athletics

The Ohio State Men’s Soccer team remains winless on the season, losing a tough match 2-1 against Oregon State on the road in double overtime.

The Buckeyes first goal of the game, and first of 2016, came from forward Nate Kohl. The junior was able to work his way around a defender to net his first career goal in the 28th minute.

Ohio State entered the half with a 1-0 lead. Oregon State, however, would not go quietly into the night.

In the 64th minute, freshman midfielder David Norman Jr. had a driving run into the box, where he was able to play the ball to junior forward Jordan Jones who put it into the back right of the net for the equalizer, at 1-1.

The game winner would not come until double overtime, where the Beavers would come out on top.

Just 17 seconds into the second overtime period, Oregon State sophomore forward Don Tchilao was able to surpass multiple defenders in the box and find the back of the net for the win.

The Buckeyes again were outmatched on the offensive side of the ball, being outshot 19-7, despite having the advantage in corner kicks at 12-5.

Foul calls were a trend throughout the match for both teams — 13 issued to Ohio State and 12 to Oregon State.

The Buckeyes are still looking for their first win, falling to 0-4-0 on the season.

It is the second year in a row that the team is off to a slow start, after beginning last season with a 1-4 record. OSU would eventually bounce back and rattle off eight straight victories to get back on track en route to a Big Ten Championship season.

Coach John Bluem’s squad hopes to turn things around at home this Friday at 7:30 p.m. as they take on their first Big Ten opponent in Northwestern.