OSU junior defender Niall Logue (5) prepares to kick the ball while OSU sophomore midfielder Abdi Mohamed (26) follows during the Buckeyes game against Valparaiso on Sept. 21 at the Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The Buckeyes won 4-1. Credit: Janaya Greene | For The Lantern

The Ohio State men’s soccer team looked to continue its elevated play as of late, matching up against No. 13 Louisville on Tuesday night.
The Buckeyes luck would run out, however, as the Scarlet and Gray were ultimately outplayed in a 2-1 contest against the Cardinals.
Despite facing a 19-3 deficit in shots in the game, OSU was able to get on the board first.
In the 32nd minute, senior defender Austin Bergstrom had a throw-in that found sophomore midfielder Abdi Mohamed on the right side of the net. Mohamed got his foot on the ball and redirected it back across the net to the left side. Senior forward Christian Soldat blasted the ball past a diving keeper to give the Buckeyes a 1-0 lead.
Soldat’s first goal of the season would be the only score of the opening period for either team.
The Cardinals came out in the second half with a much more aggressive game plan, and they were rewarded accordingly for their efforts.
In the 51st minute, Louisville senior midfielder Daniel Johnson hit junior forward Mohamed Thiaw with a cross. Thiaw put the ball inside the far left post from six yards out, giving Louisville the early second-half equalizer.
It was Thiaw’s 10th goal this season.
Later in the period, in the 65th minute, the Cardinals would take the lead.
Freshman midfielder Cherif Dieye snuck a ball through a host of defenders from 20 yards out that got just inside the left post to give Louisville its first lead of the game, a 2-1 advantage that would end up as the final.
Despite the losing effort, OSU redshirt freshman goalkeeper Parker Siegfried had an impressive night in net. He had his hands full all game, registering a season high nine saves.
The Buckeyes will have their sights set on their match this Friday against Michigan, one of their last two Big Ten matchups of the season.