Brutus points into the southern student section after the Buckeyes game against Rutgers on Oct.1. The Buckeyes won 58-0. Credit: Mason Swires | Assistant Photo Editor

The Ohio State football team routed Rutgers 58-0 on Saturday and stayed put at second in Sunday’s update of the Associated Press Top 25 Poll. The team at the top remains Alabama after it beat SEC opponent Kentucky 34-6.

Clemson, led by a five touchdown performance from quarterback Deshaun Watson, narrowly edged out now-No. 7 Louisville in Death Valley on Saturday night by a final score of 42-36. It resulted in the Tigers replacing the Cardinals as the No. 3 team.

No. 4 Michigan was able to hand Wisconsin its first loss of the season, bumping the Badgers down to No. 11. Washington comes in as the new team at the No. 5 spot after stomping then-No. 7 Stanford 44-6.

After a second consecutive loss to a Big Ten opponent, Michigan State has dropped out of the top 25, leaving only four teams in the Big Ten remaining. Nebraska beat the Illinois Fighting Illini resulting in the Cornhuskers moving up from No. 15 to No. 12.

The Buckeyes received six first-place votes, second only to Alabama’s 53 votes. Clemson and Michigan each had one first-place vote.