The rendering of the development as submitted in September meeting of the University Area Review Board. The final design includes slight changes, but renderings have not yet been released. Credit: Courtesy of BBCO Architects

The rendering of The View on Pavey Square development, as submitted for the September meeting of the University Area Review Board. The final design includes slight changes, but those renderings have not yet been released. Credit: Courtesy of BBCO Architects

Plans for The View on Pavey Square, the mixed-use development set to temporarily displace Cazuela’s Grill, were finalized on Thursday by the University Area Review Board. A construction timeline will be on the table soon, adding to the list of area under development around Ohio State’s campus.

Pavey Square’s project developers, Celmark Development Group and Solove Real Estate, are in the process of pursuing building contractors’ bids to be able to begin construction. Following contractor selection, construction will begin on the stretch between 2247 and 2289 N. High St.

Pavey Square’s construction timeline is still being worked through following recent design approval.

“Construction can not begin until there is a final design approval,” Mike Balakrishnan, founder of Celmark Development Group said. “Now that we have approval, we have begun working with contractors to obtain estimates and respond to the market’s demand with the project.”

Students can expect Cazuela’s Grill to come down and move to the building which previously housed Indian restaurant Mughal Darbar until the completion of Pavey Square. Employee Yessica Quezada said an exact move date for Cazuela’s temporary location remains unknown.

Michael Bridgeman, director of project management at All Steel Mid Rise Contractors in Dublin, which is pursuing the bid, said the timeline is slated for spring, with costs estimated at around $50-million.

Pavey Square architect BBCO’s final design approval came following review of a few building modifications including the exterior lighting plan, landscaping plan and building material samples.

The brick wall next to Cazeula’s current patio will remain, and have LED lighting underneath the structure, according to the design.

The dominant focus of the landscaping plan, an item of community concern, was the future of the surrounding trees, said Bhakti Bania, co-founder of BBCO Design.

The trees in front of Cazuela’s will be removed, Bania said, as their distance to the new building would be too close. Trees along High Street are to remain, and the corner of Oakland and High Street will be lined with new trees.

“Keeping the trees in the front of the buildings is vital to the whole process,” Bania said. “We have tried throughout the entire process to adhere to the community’s desires and know this is something they have hoped to see preserved.”