Home » Campus » Area » Trump to host private events at Ohio State on Thursday

Trump to host private events at Ohio State on Thursday

President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a rally at the Columbus international airport on March 1, while he was running for 2016 GOP presidential nomination. Credit: Lantern File Photo

President-elect Donald Trump is set to visit Ohio State on Thursday for a private event at the Schottenstein Center.

The purpose of the visit is to speak with victims of the Nov. 28 attack on campus committed by Abdul Razak Ali Artan, a third-year in logistics management, which left Artan dead and 11 in the hospital, said OSU spokesman Chris Davey. Trump is also set to speak with first responders from the incident.

“These private events will be held in meeting spaces at the Schottenstein Center on Thursday afternoon and are closed to the news media and the general public,” Davey said in an email.  

The president-elect is expected to address the press following the private meetings.

The event is not open to the public, and is not listed on Trump’s campaign website, which has stops listed for Trump’s post-election “USA Thank You Tour.”

“Our nation’s leaders routinely make visits to Ohio State,” Davey said. “The university works to welcome these visits while minimizing disruption to the campus community.”

A request for comment was not immediately returned by Trump’s presidential transition team.

Multiple requests made Wednesday for information regarding the confirmation of the event or the reservation of rooms in Trump’s name were denied by Schott employees.

1. Susette d'Oppressed

Only winners will be invited. Losers will be asked to discuss their feelings at the women’s studies department. Unlimited punch and cookies will be given to all. We have no body shaming.

Just say “no” to the trim and beautiful women that Trump dated

2. There is no opportunistic photo op this clown won’t go in for. President MeMeMeMeMe. Shameful.

• Perhaps, the President-elct is doing your campus a service by calling attention to the idiotic policies that led to the terrorist event on OSU campus.

Why was this young man in the US? Do we have a need for refugees from nations that have tendencies to terror? Was he paying for his education? Or, were the taxpayers of Ohio? Was he qualified for admission? Can’t anyone see that allowing there is a connection between islam and terror??

Of course, nobody dares ask questions on campus, because the thought police have neutered the students.

• Again more racist rant.
        Ohio State and its alumni need nothing from Trump or you!!
        Why don’t you get a clue.
        Buckeye strong

• islam is a race? Who knew!

Semantics aside… There is no obligation to let any person from any region emigrate to the US.

Why do you oppose simple questions about our policy? Based on our experience, why would allow people to enter from areas that harbor terrorists, when there is no way to vet them?

That would a foolish course of action.

3. I had heard that one of the swat teams that were there the day of the attack will not be there, their higher-ups are sending a politically correct mix of officers instead. Shamless.