Student Sales Representatives Needed
Media Network of Central Ohio (MNCO) has openings for Student Sales Representatives for The Lantern at The Ohio State University. It’s a great way to earn money while gaining valuable sales and marketing experience. The Lantern is the student newspaper of The Ohio State University with offices located at 207 Journalism Building, 242 West 18th Avenue. These positions are available to enrolled students at The Ohio State University and are part-time positions scheduled to work approximately 12 hours per week. The sales reps sell advertising for The Lantern’s print newspaper and website to both existing clients and new clients. Compensation is 100% commissioned. Students in these positions have earned as much as $500 - $1,000 per month. New reps will receive an additional bonus after reaching their first sale goals and will also receive sales training from Gannett, one of the largest media companies in the country.
If interested, apply at http://bit.ly/LmjvO8.
1. Must be enrolled student at The Ohio State University.
2. Excellent organizational, detailed record keeping and time management skills.
3. Strong customer service, phone, sales skill and initiative. Must be able to deal effectively with customers in sometimes difficult and stressful situations in a professional manner.
4. Must work well under pressure.
5. Strong reading comprehension, written and verbal communication skills.
6. Must maintain a valid driver’s License and state required liability insurance.
Pre-employment drug testing and a background screening are required. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace including veterans and applicants with disabilities.
Arts + Entertainment
- Ohio State Student Safety Service seeks 'right person' for open positions
- Ohio State students witness Oklahoma tornado on storm-chasing trip
- Crime Brief: female staff member receives call threatening son while working at hospital
- Ohio State aims to protect cyber security
- Ohio State President Gee's salary ranks 3rd among public university presidents
- Email mistakenly sent to Ohio State Summer Term students due to 'simple human error'
- Ohio State alumnus to capture Buckeye spirit in documentary 'Nuts: The Best Damn Fans In The Land'
- Review: 1 wedding down, 3 to go with 'Game of Thrones' 'Second Sons'
- Review: Cheap Trick keeps it classy at Rock on the Range
- Review: Fall Out Boy returns to Columbus, draws fans old and new for energetic show
- Commentary: 'Saturday Night Live' possibly lost without fan favorites Seth Meyers, Bill Hader
- James Jakes prepared to race in Indy 500 with support of 'Jakesy Nation'
- Ohio State men's tennis loses heartbreaker to UCLA, 4-3, in NCAA tournament semifinals
- Ohio State men's tennis eliminates USC 4-3, moves on to NCAA semifinals
- Ohio State baseball misses out on Big Ten title with 8-1 loss to No. 21 Indiana
- Ohio State men's lacrosse falls to Cornell 16-6 in NCAA quarterfinals
- Letter to the editor: It’s all about who you know: personal relationships heighten post-grad success
- End of an era: ‘History doesn’t just happen, it’s made’
- Letter to the editor: Muslim Students’ Association sends thoughts to Boston
- Editorial: Reporting on sex crimes is necessary, difficult
- OSU considers swapping junk food for healthier options