Report: 3 Ohio State football players named in search warrant regarding alleged rape
Published: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Updated: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:03
Three Ohio State football players are named in a search warrant filed by OSU police in an investigation of an alleged rape, according to a report from Columbus television network ABC 6.
According to the ABC 6 report, a female student reported the rape, which she said happened on Oct. 21, to police on Nov. 10. No charges have been filed.
OSU police logs indicate that a rape was reported by a female student on Nov. 10. The log listed Neil Avenue Building as the location of the incident, and stated that an investigation was pending.
The ABC 6 report indicated that the search warrant is for a cell phone of one of the named players, which may contain evidence of the alleged rape.
According to the ABC 6 report, the three players are OSU freshmen, and one of those players left the football team last week.
Gayle Saunders, OSU's assistant vice president of media relations, confirmed to The Lantern in an email that "there is an ongoing investigation into alleged misconduct involving Ohio State students."
"As this is an ongoing investigation, the university is not at liberty to discuss the matter at this time," Saunders said in the email.