Home » Uncategorized » Ayers looking to stop two game skid

Ayers looking to stop two game skid

The Ohio State men’s basketball team will try to rebound from a two-game loosing streak when they take on the Northwestern Wildcats tonight. The game will be televised by ESPN at 7:30 p.m. in St. John Arena.’We want to come out and play well,’ said OSU coach Randy Ayers. The last time the two teams met OSU was dominated by the Wildcats inside game and the presence of Wildcat center Evan Eschmeyer, who scored 14 points.’I think we’ve played harder the last couple of weeks,’ Ayers said. ‘I, to be honest, was shocked as anybody that we got beat (by Northwestern) that badly.’ Since the recent loss of Jermaine Tate and Sean Tucker the Buckeyes have acquired Tony Eisenhard a 6-foot-7 inch tight end from the football team. This gives the basketball team much needed size off the bench. In his season debut against Indiana, Eisenhard played 13 minutes scoring three points.’The thing that Tony has been able to do is put extra time in,’ Ayers said. ‘That is what I’ve really been impressed with, he has been out with Randy Roth after every practice.’The Buckeyes will look to slow down Eschmeyer by rotating Eisenhard in for John Lumpkin.’Tony will be in the mix,’ Ayers said. ‘When Lumps is off the floor, you need another big body in there.’The Buckeyes will be playing in comfortable territory tonight after coming off the back-to-back road losses at Indiana and Purdue. On the season, OSU is much stronger at home posting an 8-2 record in St. John Arena.The consistent play of Shaun Stonerook is one of the factors that has contributed to the team’s success at home this season.Stonerook is coming off two good games last week against Indiana and Purdue. He recorded a double-double in each game with 17 points and 13 rebounds at Indiana, and 12 points and 14 rebounds at Purdue.’At the four-spot (power forward) normally he has a taller guy, and I think his quickness can be an advantage for us at that position,’ he said. ‘He’s a tough match-up because he can put the ball on the floor,’ Ayers said.