‘BalletMet at the Riffe 2’ opens Thursday as a follow-up to ‘BalletMet at the Riffe I.’The performance features a piece by Ohio State graduate and faculty member Susan Hadley.’This is a powerful performance for us,’ said artistic director David Nixon. ‘We made a strong artistic statement with ‘BalletMet at the Riffe I’ last October and with ‘BalletMet at the Riffe 2,’ we are going a step further.’Like its predecessor, ‘BalletMet at the Riffe 2’ is an avant garde work. Four choreographers have collaborated to create pieces which convey strong feeling and emotion while incorporating intense physical dance pieces.BalletMet communications manager Temple Custer said the work is anything but mainstream. ‘There is an extreme physical presence by the dancers,’ Custer said. ‘All of the pieces involve relationships and feelings.”BalletMet at the Riffe 2’ contains four pieces. The first piece, ‘Borderlines,’ tests the limits of the dancers’ artistic and athletic ability. Grahm Lustig has choreographed the piece set to music by Steve Martland. ‘It is only by crossing over borderlines that we discover their existence,’ Lustig said. ‘Be they physical, intellectual or emotional, we are constantly redefining the borderlines that exist both within ourselves and the world around us.’OSU alumna and member of the dance department, Susan Hadley, has choreographed ‘Commonplace,’ a work by female dancers. The focus of the piece is women and community, Custer said. ‘It is very mystical, with chanting and church-like music.’ Custer said.San Francisco-based Julia Adam has choreographed ‘Innocence and Experience,’ inspired by the William Blake poem ‘Oh, Sunflower.’ Three male dancers and three female dancers perform to the music of Matthew Pierce. The fourth dance work is presented by Lawrence Edelson, a former BalletMet dancer. His piece, ‘Bedtime Stories,’ comments on relationships with a light-hearted but sexy tone.’It is beautiful choreography,’ Custer said. Although it is very risquŽ looking, the piece is uniquely blended with classical music, Custer said.’BalletMet at the Riffe 2′ will be performed in the Capitol Theatre at the Vern Riffe Center Thursday through Saturday, and March 14 and 15. Tickets are $25, available by calling the BalletMet box office. Student tickets are $5, available at the Wexner Center or BalletMet box offices.