Construction fences and orange barrels are now a common sight for many students at Ohio State. “The fences help guide me on my way to class,” said Tiffany McCullough, a freshman majoring in psychology. “When I pass by the fences, I know I am going in the right direction.”The fences have been raised in the area of Neil Avenue and 17th, 18th and 19th Avenues because of the building of the new business college, said Jill Morelli, assistant vice-president and university architect. The Max M. Fisher College of Business will be located at Woodruff Avenue and Tuttle Park Place and is set for completion in March of 1998.Other areas are blocked off because electrical lines and steam lines are being built underneath the ground, she said. These lines will connect the business school to the McCracken Power Plant, 2003 Millikin Road.Some fences were erected at the end of the summer by the Columbus Sewage and Drainage Division because of construction plans to meet city requirements that sewer water be separated from storm water, Morelli said.Some students said they find the construction interfering and ugly. “I don’t think the construction is very attractive to people who come to our campus,” said Cory Oakley, a sophomore majoring in sociology. “Plus, the fences are in the way of where I need to go.” Jessica Abel, a junior majoring in zoology, agreed.”It’s annoying,” Abel said. “I have to put in extra time to walk around the construction instead of walking straight through to class.”Although some students said they are inconvenienced, no official complaints have been filed with the Office of University Architect and Physical Planning, Morelli said.”We have no complaints to our office,” Morelli said. “Contractors have done a very good job putting holes into the fences where students can walk through. We work closely to provide few impediments for student facilities.”An adequate number of asphalt ramps have also been constructed to help students with disabilities, she said.