Field trips aren’t just a high school memory for students living in Ohio State’s residence halls.Resident advisers have the opportunity to earn up to $1,000 in grant money to put toward an educational trip for students living in the residence halls.The Academic Grant program, designed by the Office of Residence Life, awards $15,000 each quarter to resident advisers who submit creative and outstanding academic programs that provide unique opportunities to students.”Academic success is a priority in our department,” said Ron Kochendoerfer, assistant director of residence life. He said the programs are educational as well as fun.Jenn Broome, a resident adviser at the International House in Blackburn House was awarded $1,000 for the program “A Time, A Place, An Adventure” which she designed with two other students. The program includes a trip in March to the Ohio Historical Center and to the Epcot Center in Disney World. “We want to introduce the international students to America,” she said. The trip will take place during spring break to give students who can’t go home for the week a chance to go somewhere, said Broome.The program was established three years ago to help staff members create academic environments and experiences within the residence hall communities.Resident advisers submit their program proposals to a committee of faculty, staff, and students. The committee evaluates the proposals on creativity as well as how they support and assist students in understanding academic opportunities. The committee also strives to focus on academic pursuits, challenge students to seek academic information and improve their academic skills and involve faculty members.Through these programs, students learn to feel comfortable with experiences they may not have been comfortable with before, said Julius Mayo, hall director of Blackburn House.”A lot of these trips are going to provide experience that [students] won’t get in the classroom,” Kochendoerfer said. “We’re committed to providing those opportunities for students.”