The OSU synchronized swimming team began its season true to form, dominating the competition.The team hosted Michigan State, Miami of Ohio and Indiana Saturday in the OSU Tri-Meet. The Buckeyes dominated the meet, finishing first with 102 points. Michigan State finished second with 54.5 points; Miami finished third with 47 points; and Indiana finished last, with 16 points. Coach Linda Lichter-Witter said that, although she was happy with the overall performance of OSU’s swimmers, the team was a little rusty in some areas. “We’re at a very good place right now; it’s just good to get the first meet out of the way,” she said. In the meet, the Buckeyes dominated the compulsory figures. OSU took all three top spots in the senior group. Ana Cukic finished first with 80.73 points; Heather Moore, second, with 79.52 points; and Lisa Nielsen, third, with 79.45 points. The Bucks also monopolized the junior group. Amy Bevan came in first with 71.16 points; Anna Eng, second, with 70.12 points; and Heather Morales, third, with 68.87 points.In the solo competition, the number one and two spots were taken by Buckeyes Heather Moore (92.46 points) and Joy Williams (90.53 points). Tracy Stepulkoski, from Michigan State, finished third with 80 points.Nielsen and Cukic from OSU finished first in the duet competition with 91.93 points. Martinez and Moore, also from OSU, came in second with 89.20 points. Third place went to Talik and Reed, from Michigan State, with 75.73 points.In the trio competitions, OSU won the top two spots. Cukic, Moore and Nielsen finished first with 93.67 points. Second place went to Edwards, Stofiel and Williams, with 90.13 points. Michigan State’s Jilek, Talik and Reed finished third with 73.33 points.Assistant coach Holly Vargo Brown said the team was awesome. “You never know what to expect going into the first meet, but the girls did exceptionally well,” she said. The team had a few errors, but these errors are to be expected this early in the season, she said. Lichter-Witter said she was pleased with the team because many members had never swam together before. She said she was especially proud of seniors Cukic and Nielsen for their leadership roles. Lisa Nielsen said she believes the team is in an excellent position, considering how early it is in the season. “In general, we are in the right spot. Everything came together and we’re really happy so far,” Nielsen said. She said the team is feeling very confident and is looking forward to getting the rest of the season started.Ana Cukic said she also thinks the team did exceptionally well for their first meet. “The judges approached us after the meet and commented on how good we looked this early in the season,” Cukic said. “We’re pretty happy, but there is still room for improvement.”On Jan. 31, the B-team travels to East Lansing to compete in the Michigan State Invitational. The A-team is off for two weeks until they travel to Canisius in Buffalo New York for the Canisius Invitational.