Finally, I can call myself a real bona fide senior, my fourth year and have the 162 credit hours to prove it. Seems like it was just yesterday that I was moving into Mack Hall, commonly known as the “virgin vault,” thinking that I was going into an ambitious major: environmental engineering. Oh my, how three years can change a person and where they are headed. I stepped off the plane and thought I was ready for what seemed like a racing freight train coming directly at me, but I felt that I had a direction with knowing what major and working toward that goal. Little did I know that freight train would be a constant whirlwind in my life for the next three months, and really a tornado for the next three years.Even with everything being new and different and stressful for a new freshmen, I had a blast. I would say that with the past three years that I have attended this large and immensely populated school that fall quarter of my freshmen year had to be the most fun ever. Since, I have not gone out and partied more in my combined last eight quarters that I did in my first quarter here. Yes, I was able to calm down, and I knew my limits of when to party and not to, but I was influenced by my friends in the dorm and my friends on the swim team, as many will be too. It goes without saying that during this first quarter I dropped my ambitious major and settled, along with a good majority of the population of freshmen and sophomores, into being “undecided.” It is a great term for the lost souls of the academic world, it is so ambiguous and free that you can do anything and not be deemed a loser if you do not succeed at being “undecided.” But, I hate to say, being part of the undecided population has its good points and its bad. The good: You can aimlessly take any classes, exploring all the possibilities and telling your parents that you don’t want to rush into anything just yet. This only works for a little while. This is where it gets to the bad, and there is a lot of bad.The quarters and years go by fast and you must decide soon or you will never graduate. I went through three majors thinking that I had to decide as soon as possible; little did I know that I was wasting time with taking prerequisites for a major that I was not going to do. I whittled away two complete quarters with this problem. Not a good idea when the plan was to get out and into the real world within the short time span of four years. This pressure of finishing in the most unlikely four years, because of out-of-state tuition and the fact the my parents are not made of money, I was to be cut off at the four year mark. But, lucky for me and my academic career I am going to graduate this spring, amazingly.I guess the whole point is to relax and choose wisely, but not too wisely. If you are decided, don’t be scared on changing your major, everyone does about two or three times.Christie Bober is a senior majoring in journalism from Tucson, Arizona, where it is warm and sunny and hardly ever rains.