Members of the Ohio State Writers’ Guild participated in a national fight against hunger Wednesday night, lifting their voices in an effort to raise money.Writers’ Harvest: The National Reading, took place in over 500 locations across the country. The reading is an annual event sponsored by Share Our Strength, a national anti-hunger organization. All of the money donated goes back to the community where it was raised.Kirk Robinson, who helped plan the event said this is the first year it has been organized and run by an OSU organization.’Share Our Strength asks new events to raise at least $500 but we’re shooting for $1,000,’ said Robinson. ‘We’re pretty ambitious that we’ll make it.’ Before the event, they had already raised $250 by selling raffle tickets to win autographed books donated by OSU Creative Writing Program faculty.Six writers from the Writers Guild volunteered to read poetry, fiction and non-fiction. Several writers also helped organize the event, including Robinson, Susan McGowan and Tom Moss.’It seemed like a great opportunity,’ said McGowan. ‘I wanted to be a part of something that would be a good cause.’The Writers’ Guild found out about the event after Robinson saw an advertisement in a magazine. ‘We though it was a shame that OSU wasn’t involved, being such a large university,’ Moss said. ‘We thought it was something we could do here.’ In Franklin County, one in every six children go hungry, said Lauren Crandall of the Ohio Hunger Task Force, an organization which feeds about 10,000 children state-wide. ‘That doesn’t mean skipping lunch,’ Crandall said. ‘It means that at least one time a month, they don’t know where their next meal is coming from.’ Crandall also spoke at the reading giving details about the task force.Several local businesses donated to the fight as well, including Bruegger’s Bagels, Big Bear, Long’s and SBX.