A Baker Hall resident was bullied Feb. 15 by a group of men after he caught them attempting to break into another student’s room.The student told University Police he was in an acquaintance’s room when the handle on the door turned, causing it to open. When he looked into the hallway, he saw five black males running toward the stairwell.The student pursued the men, and stopped them at the stairwell to ask about their reason for opening the door.During the questioning one of the men pushed the student into the wall, and another put him in a head lock. Then they all fled west on to West 11th Avenue.Police believe these men have been involved in at least one other disturbance at Baker Hall, but do not have a good description of the men.They have been described as being of college age, and one has been seen on two occasions wearing an orange coat.

Worker accused of theft at McCracken Power PlantThe theft of water and a stylish pair of overalls from the McCracken Power Plant on Feb. 10 has generated some legal fallout.According to police reports, a university employee was caught by another staff member taking water from the power plant after he had previously been warned not to do so.Apparently, the plant receives water from the city of Columbus, and then purifies and softens the water, making it a valuable commodity.The man had returned after he finished work to take some of the water.This man was also accused of removing old copper cables without permission, taking a gray power plant jacket with an OSU patch on the breast, and stealing some power plant coveralls.The value of the water, jacket and coveralls is estimated at $65.

Drackett resident returns to find 40 compact discs goneThe newest release by the Squirrel Nut Zippers was among over three dozen compact discs stolen from an OSU student’s dorm room early Wednesday morning. The student told University Police he had left his Drackett Tower residence unlocked, and when he returned he found 40 CDs missing.The value of the stolen CDs is estimated at about $620.Police have no suspects at this time.

Police Beat is compiled by Paul Hoover.