Visitors to the Riffe Gallery will be able to explore the world of childhood storybooks as the Ohio Arts Council presents “Once Upon a Page: Children’s Book Illustrations from the Mazza Collection.”Seventy-eight images from the Mazza Collection, the world’s largest collection specializing in art from children’s books, will be on display in the gallery until January 10, 1998. The collection includes illustrations from such children’s books as “Goldilocks and the Three Bears,” which was illustrated by Willy Schermele, “The Night Before Christmas,” illustrated by Wendy Watson, and “A Dog Came to School,” illustrated by Ohio artist Lois Lenske. Other Ohio artists included in the exhibition include Aminah Robinson, Michael Rosen, Wil Clay and Christopher Canyon.Dr. August C. Mazza and his late wife, Aleda Pfost Mazza established the collection as part of the University of Findlay’s centennial celebration in 1982. Initially, it contained four works valued at $1,700. It now contains more than 1,000 works.The collection was established in hopes of teaching children about the fine art work that goes into the production of the books they enjoy and how the pictures add meaning to the story.”This is a teaching collection,” said Beth Fisher, Public Information Officer for the Ohio Arts Council. The exhibition is divided into nine units. “The different units are designed to teach children about the various artistic styles that can be used to make the illustrations and show them the different methods such as collages, ink and graphite,” said Fisher. The Riffe Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Weekend visiting hours are from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., and there is no admission price.