On the way into “The Quiepalpatorium,” someone in the darkness in front of me commented that it felt like we were going into a haunted house.There was a certain amusement park feel to the exhibit, it was reminiscent of the entrance to Space Mountain at Disney, or Disaster Transport up in Sandusky: peaceful, dark and a little chilly.That’s where the resemblance ends. The MFA thesis exhibit by Janice Braverman is all the relaxation of those lines, without the impatience of waiting.The advertisement for the exhibit says “Its a quiescent rush!” After experiencing the exhibit, I looked the word up. “Quiescent: tranquility at rest,” Webster’s dictionary said.It’s a fitting word. The exhibit transformed room 220 of Haskett Hall into a room of restful tranquility. Entering the exhibit, the hall was shrouded in complete darkness. A soothing, wind chime like sound was all that could be heard.Just around the corner, was the exhibit. A walkway led viewers between a bunch of whirling fiberoptic circles. The wind chime sound came from these wheels hitting glasses. The effect can’t be described with simple words. Well, maybe one word, soothing. I’d have done anything for the opportunity to pull a chair in there and just sit for a few hours. Unfortunately, others wanted the opportunity to experience the exhibit, so I was forced to move on after a short time there.If the end of the quarter is stressing you out, and you need to get away from it all for a little while, make an appointment to view “The Quiepalpatorium.” It’s cheaper than a therapist, and much more effective. “The Quiepalpatorium” runs May 17 through 19. Viewings are available by making an appointment with Janice Braverman at 688-0266 or e-mail [email protected].