The Ohio State women’s volleyball team steadily improved their record to 6-1 last weekend at St. John’s Arena with wins over Boise State (15-7, 15-7, 15-9) and Temple University (15-4, 15-5, 15-5).Senior Rosie Snow showed her leadership ability as she paced the team with nine digs and 14 kills against the Boise State Broncos Friday night.Freshman middle blocker Sue Calligaris towered over the opposing side assisting in six of the nine blocks the Buckeyes put up to successfully shut down the Broncos’ advances. Calligaris is a newcomer to the team from Palermo, Italy.During Sunday’s game, Snow, Dana Stearns and Jen Flynn dominated the net as they contributed to 33 of the 47 kills committed that afternoon.”The team has been playing quite well together. We’ve been starting three freshmen each match and haven’t experienced many problems,” said OSU head coach Jim Stone. “Everyone has been helping each other adjust to their roles.” Practice for the lady Buckeyes began on August 11 and the first game of the season was played on September 1 at the University of Dayton. The Bucks rolled with a 3-0 (15-9,15-3,15-4) victory over the Flyers.The team is currently ranked No. 18 in the USA TODAY/AVCA Coaches Poll and 15th by Volleyball Magazine. Stone said she hopes following the team’s performance last weekend, the Buckeyes will move up three spots in the rankings to No. 15.”Last year we finished 5th in our conference and the players were disappointed with the record, and that has created high levels of motivation for us,” Stone said.”I would like to see us finish in the top three this year and it will be a challenge since six of the Big Ten teams are ranked in the top nationally,” he said.The team will travel north to open Big Ten play at Michigan on Friday, followed by a game at Michigan State on Saturday.