A workshop to help OSU students reduce stress will be presented November 12 by the Ohio State Student Wellness Center, the services area manager said.Through a stress workshop called “Tied Up in Knots” which will be held at 8 p.m. in the Hillel Cultural Center, 46 E. 16th Ave., organizers hope to help students recognize the stress in their lives, said David Carroll, services area manager at the Student Wellness Center.”As a student there are always reasons or causes of being stressed,” Carroll said.The presentation will tell students the signs and symptoms of stress and ways to deal with it, said Connie Bohem, director of the Wellness Center.A variety of activities will be presented including assessing personal stress levels and relaxation exercises that help deal with stress, Bohem said.The program will begin with a skit about college stress performed by the Wellness Educational Theater, Carroll said.”We will have interactive activities to get people to think for themselves,” Carroll said.The workshop includes a stress vulnerability scale, relaxation techniques and ways to reduce the chances of stress in a student’s life, Carroll said.Each attendee will receive a packet to take home containing things that are covered in the workshop and reminders on how to live stress free, Carroll said.The Wellness Center started the workshop after many students were referred to them from the physicians in the Wilce Student Health Center for stress related issues, Carroll said.The staff of the Student Wellness Center compiled various techniques used when dealing with stress that they will present to students, Carroll said.The techniques that will be presented are ones that have been in use for many years by staff members and techniques that are recommended by many doctors, Carroll said.Bohem and members of the Wellness Educational Theater will present the program to students, Carroll said.Requests from many dorm resident advisors for programing such as this also sparked the idea for the program, Carroll said.This workshop was presented previously on October 17 in Taylor Tower during Wellness Week, Carroll said.”The feedback from the event was positive,” Carroll said.Fifty students attended the program to learn how to handle the stress of their everyday lives, Carroll said.The workshop is part of the Wellness Center’s “How the Health Are You” series held at 8 p.m. every Sunday in the boardroom of the Hillel Cultural Center, Carroll said.The center will present another workshop on November 19 called “Healthy Eating During the Holidays” which will focus on staying healthy over the holiday season, Carroll said.