Signs of the 1980s re-emergence are everywhere and there is no shortage of such relics in the music industry. Today, artists such as Depeche Mode and Bon Jovi enjoy returned popularity that ranks comparable to their original status years ago.

One 1980s band that never left the scene was pop, new-wave group, New Order. The band has remained active, releasing more than 10 albums in the last decade.

“Get Ready,” the group’s newest offering, released Tuesday, displays the band’s aggressive raw sound accompanied by delicate romantic lyrics.

New Order began after Joy Division members, Bernard Sumner (vocals, guitars), Peter Hook (bass) and Stephen Morris (drums) decided to create a new band after the suicide of Joy Division’s Ian Curtis. Soon after, Gillian Gilbert was recruited to play keyboards and guitar.

The group’s first full-length release, “Movement,” was considered an extension of Joy Division’s legacy. Critics were impressed with the group’s strong riffs and experimentation with electronic beats.

The Manchester, England band continued to gain popularity throughout the decade, releasing such pounding hits as “Blue Monday” and “True Faith,” garnering a dance crowd following.

In 1990, New Order released another chart topper with “World In Motion,” nearly losing the respect of fans in the process by using the song as an accompaniment for the England World Cup soccer team. In the mid-1990s, the group decided to venture onto other projects, including spin-off bands Revenge and Monaco.

Possibly in response to critics’ accusations, the band has grown lethargic and jaded, “Get Ready” is an adventurous album. The first single to be released, “Crystal” can be viewed as a nod to the juxtaposition between the band’s staying power and the fickleness of music fans. Lines like “We’re like crystal, we break easy” and “Keep it coming, keep it coming, keep it coming” sum up the band’s unusual position as a mature, yet trendy group.

Another aggressive track of the album, “Turn My Way” features a surprising additional vocalist, former Smashing Pumpkin, Billy Corgan. The duet materialized from Corgan’s long-standing friendship with Hook. In an interview, Hook explained how the two met.

“I first met him when he was 15 and thinking of forming a band,” he said. “He was a big fan of Joy Division and New Order, and he came to dinner with us one day as a friend of the promoter.”

Corgan’s influence is evident, the track has some static guitars and a spacey atmosphere to propel such defiant lyrics as, “I don’t wanna be like other people are.”

The tracks on “Get Ready” succeed because of New Order’s uncanny ability to vacillate between slow ballads that feature synth vocals and bouncy pop with driving guitars. Expect New Order to continue making creative music throughout the decade, whether or not the 1980s nostalgia remains in style.