Minneapolis Star TribuneCat fight halts rush-hour trafficRush-hour traffic came to halt Wednesday evening when two women exited their vehicle to engage in a fight on Interstate 694. After 20 minutes of pushing, shoving and hitting, Zion Johnson and Jerusha Monger were arrested by State Troopers and ticketed for disorderly conduct.

Mail TribuneElderly woman dies in golf cart accidentA 79-year-old woman died in a hospital after she was run over by a golf cart that was driven by her friend. The two elderly women were residents of the Rogue Valley Manor retirement center and golfing buddies. They had ventured to a nearby golf course Tuesday to play a few holes. Victim Charlotte Stewart crossed the cart path to pick up a ball that had not traveled very far while her friend, Beryl Pope, 84, drove beside her. Authorities said they believe Pope confused the accelerator with the brake, struck Stewart and proceeded to run over her. Pope could not lift the 800 pound golf cart but was able to find the groundskeeping crew who rescued Stewart. She had been trapped for 7 minutes.

San Francisco ChronicleTeacher tells students about ideas of suicideA substitute teacher at Washington High School reportedly pulled out a small kitchen knife Friday morning and expressed feelings of suicide to three students. School administrators were immediately informed by the students and police were called. The woman, who’s identity has not been released, was transported to San Francisco General Hospital. According to police, no arrests have been made.

St. Petersburg TimesHomemade bottle rockets land students in jailWhat was intended to be a carefree act of boredom resulted in a night in jail, eviction from their dorms, suspension from school and a possible five years in prison for two freshman at the University of South Florida. They constructed what they called bottle rockets out of plastic soda bottles, water and dry ice. Their contraptions were then taken out to the grassy quad and capped as they waited for the carbon dioxide to build up and pop the bottle, producing a loud boom. Police were called to the scene in response to the loud noises and arrested the students who claimed the “rockets” were loud but not dangerous. Authorities saw them as dry ice bombs and charged the students with detonating a destructive device, which is a third degree felony.

Information compiled from obscurestore.com