Media Credit: Scott Neal/The LanternStudents get creative at the Buck-i-Frenzy event on Tuesday outside the RPAC.

The commotion could be heard from across Neil Avenue as the Recreation and Physical Activities Center was transformed into a festival with games, food and music and music for the first Buck-i-Frenzy yesterday.

“I’ve been here for an hour and a half,” said Ted Rader, a freshman in biomedical engineering, holding a bag filled with free handouts. “This free stuff’s awesome.”

Rader said he had visited the Ohio Union Activities Board.

“I can’t believe how much stuff is on campus and how much they do,” he said. “They’ve been telling us to get active. There are a lot more organizations around here. That’s what attracts me.”

Brooke Bockleman, the president of OUAB, appreciated the opportunity to meet students.

“This is a really great event,” said Bockleman, a senior in political science and African American studies. “It’s a good showcase for the community of Columbus. There are a lot of organizations and businesses.”

Mandi Derrow, the marketing coordinator for the Cleveland Cavaliers said the event was an opportune way to reach students.

Media Credit: Scott NealStudents gather outside the RPAC on Tuesday for the Buck-I-Frenzy event.

“OSU has the perfect audience,” she said. “This is a great turn out, everyone’s really excited.” She said she is looking forward to keeping a partnership with the university.

Brianne Palay, a freshman who volunteered at Buck-i-Frenzy said the event was successful.

“It’s fun,” said. “It’s a great way to know the campus and meet a lot of cool people.”

Bockleman said she was pleased with the attention and sign-ups.

“I’m looking forward to a great year,” she said.

Everdeen Mason can be reached at [email protected].