Three students robbed

Three students and another 20-year-old male were robbed early Saturday morning by four unknown suspects while they were on East 12th Avenue. The robbers stole the students’ purses, wallets and phones.

Car stolen, recovered at site of another car theft

A man said someone stole his father’s car Wednesday, Feb. 18, at 10:15 p.m. while it was parked outside his residence near Summit Street and Iuka Avenue. Police found the car Saturday afternoon unattended with the engine running on West Maynard Avenue, next to a crime scene where another student’s car had been stolen. Police are investigating the car thefts.

Dublin man’s car stolen

A 50-year-old man from Dublin, Ohio, reported that someone stole his car at 2 a.m. Saturday while it was parked behind an East Frambes Avenue residence. Police discovered broken glass where the car had been parked.

Cigarette burglars strike businesses

Saturday at 6:08 p.m., a burglar smashed the glass door to Tobacco For Less on East 13th Avenue and stole 375 packs of cigarettes and a box of 25 cigars, valued together at $2,175. The burglar avoided the store’s security cameras and wore gloves, and completed the burglary in less than two minutes.

At 8:38 a.m. Saturday, someone burglarized Star Carryout on North Fourth Street and stole 40 cartons of cigarettes, valued at $1,200.

Cincinnati student reports assault

A 23-year-old student from the University of Cincinnati said he got into a fight between 8 and 10 a.m. Saturday morning, and the next thing he remembered was police and medics checking on him. He says he came to Columbus to visit friends and doesn’t have any information on the person he fought. Police say he was very intoxicated when they found him.

Man arrested for theft from car

Officers from the Columbus Division of Police arrested Anthony E. Smith, 35, an East 16th Avenue resident, after they watched him open an unlocked car on Summit Street and steal items early Thursday morning. The items were returned to the car’s owner.

Burglaries, attempts aimed at students

A 22-year-old student reported that someone attempted to break into his Summit Street house around 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The front door had been damaged and someone broke a window, but it appears that no one entered the house.

Two students reported that a burglar entered their unlocked East 13th Avenue apartment between 10 and 11 p.m. Thursday and stole two laptops, two televisions, an Xbox 360, shoes, a gym bag and a blender, valued together at $6,630.

Between Friday night and early Saturday morning, someone entered a student’s unlocked Indianola Avenue home and stole two laptops, a backpack and textbooks, valued together at about $3,000.

Thieves continue to target students’ cars

A student reported that someone smashed the driver’s side window of her car Thursday morning while it was parked near her Alden Avenue apartment. The thief stole $10 in cash.

Someone broke the passenger side window of a student’s BMW early Thursday morning while it was parked near 16th and 13th avenues. The thief stole an iPod from the car.

A student reported that someone broke the driver’s side window of her car Thursday morning while it was parked near her East 13th Avenue apartment, and stole papers and CDs.

Another student reported that someone smashed both front windows of his car Thursday night while it was parked near his West Eighth Avenue apartment. The thief stole a GPS and a pair of sunglasses.

Thursday afternoon, someone smashed the passenger side window of a student’s car while it was parked near his East 14th Avenue residence. The thief stole an iPod and an FM transmitter valued together at $455.

A 22-year-old man from Lucas, Ohio, reported that someone smashed the passenger side window of his car Friday night while it was parked near Chittenden and Indianola avenues. The thief stole his stereo and change.

Early Thursday morning, someone smashed the window of a student’s car while it was parked near his West Eighth Avenue apartment. Nothing was stolen.

Compiled by Collin Binkley.