A teenage boy was shot early Sunday morning while he was in a car near North Fourth Street and East Eighth Avenue. The 16-year-old boy was with his friends, going to pick up another friend, when a man approached them. Fearing the worst, the boys jumped back into their car, and then the man began to open fire at them. One teen, a Youngstown, Ohio, resident, was shot in the hand and was driven to OSU Hospital where he was treated and was in stable condition. No other injuries were reported. Police did not discover the gunman.

Man exposes penis at park

A man reported that his girlfriend saw a man exposing his genitals along the tree-lined path at Tuttle Park on Friday afternoon.

Cigarette-demanding robber said he had gun

While he was walking in the 200 block of East 16th Avenue early Monday morning, a 27-year-old man was robbed of $2. The man says that another man approached him and asked him for a cigarette. When the victim gave him one, the man said, “That won’t do … give me everything you got or I’m gonna blow you away. I have a gun,” according to the police report. The victim threw $2 on the ground, ran home and called the police. The robber was not apprehended.

Would-be intruder arrested with crack pipe

Police arrested William E. Woodfork Jr., 53, of Weyant Avenue early Friday morning when they saw him pry open the screen to a window at a home in the first block of East 15th Avenue. Police also discovered that Woodfork had a crack pipe in his possession when he was arrested. He was charged with criminal mischief and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Burglar steals $16k from home

A burglar kicked in the back door of a home in the 500 block of East Tomkins Road sometime after noon on Monday, July 6. The burglar stole two TVs, two laptops, recording equipment, a personal safe and jewelry, valued together at $16,450.

Man alleges assault by girlfriend

A 32-year-old man says his girlfriend assaulted him early Thursday morning after an argument involving his ex-girlfriend. He says that he and his girlfriend had been in an argument near North Fourth Street and East 17th Avenue, so he called his ex-girlfriend to come pick him up and give him a ride home. When she arrived, he tried to get into her car, but his current girlfriend allegedly pushed him repeatedly, scratching him and tearing his T-shirt. He says he doesn’t think his girlfriend wanted to hurt him, but rather wanted to provoke a fight with his ex-girlfriend.

Police were unable to determine where the man lives, as his ex-girlfriend said he has been living with her for four the last four months, while his current girlfriend said he has been living with her for the last two weeks.

No one was arrested for the alleged assault.

Parking meters stolen

A City of Columbus parking official reported to police that someone stole a parking meter and its post on Waldeck Avenue, on the block between 16th and 17th avenues. Another meter was reported stolen the following day, a meter on East 15th Avenue between Indianola Avenue and Pearl Alley. The meter thefts carry a felony charge, as the meters are valued at $500 each. There are no suspects in the thefts.

Four cars damaged in break-ins

Four cars were broken into while parked along the 1900 block of Indianola Avenue between 4 and 5 a.m. Friday. Some of the cars’ windows were broken; others’ doors were pried open. Police were only able to contact two of the victims, and no suspects were arrested.