Officers from Columbus Police Department arrested a 20-year-old man early Wednesday morning after he allegedly broke the window at an East 12th Avenue apartment and then fled.

David Banda of Graytown, Ohio, was arrested at 1:30 a.m. after he was chased and detained by a resident at the 12th Avenue apartment, who said Banda broke a window and screen at the apartment.

Police reported that Banda was extremely intoxicated when they arrived. When they learned that he is 20 years old, police arrested Banda and charged him with being under the influence while under 21.

The reporting officer referred the resident of the apartment to the county prosecutor’s office to file charges for damage to the window.

Student wakes to burglar kicking in door

A burglar entered a 21-year-old Ohio State student’s East 11th Avenue home Wednesday afternoon, kicked in the locked bedroom where the student was sleeping, and then fled, according to police reports.

The student told police that he woke up when his door was being kicked in, but the burglar fled quickly and the student could not offer a description. Before fleeing the house the burglar stole an Apple laptop computer estimated at $1,900, according to reports.

Police did not list a suspect in the burglary.

More than $6,000 stolen from apartments

Two OSU students reported to police that a burglar entered their West 9th Avenue apartment Wednesday morning and stole more than $3,000 in property.

According to reports, the burglar entered the apartment through an unlocked window between 1 and 8 a.m. and stole property including a television, cell phone, wallet and more than $1,000 in DVDs.

Two other OSU students reported to police that a burglar broke into their West 9th Avenue apartment the previous day and stole more than $3,000 in property.

The residents and police did not know how the burglar entered the apartment, but the students reported that a television, laptop computer, mp3 player and necklace had been stolen Tuesday night.

There are no listed suspects in the burglaries.

Church break-in avoided, police say

Police reported that someone attempted to break into an East Avenue church between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

According to reports, someone unsuccessfully used a prying tool on the bottom of a door on the south side of the church building. The would-be burglar did not enter the building, though, and there was nothing reported missing.

Compiled from police reports by Collin Binkley.