An 18-year-old woman is in stable condition after she was shot in the back while walking down Indianola Avenue with a group of friends Tuesday night.

According to police reports, the woman and her friends were walking north on Indianola near East Eighth Avenue at 10:37 p.m. when a group of men began yelling obscenities at them. They continued to shout at the women until one of the men pulled out a gun and fired several shots at them, striking one of them in the back.

The shooting victim was transported to a nearby hospital and was listed in stable condition.
The shooter is described as a black male between age 18 and 20, but police did not list a suspect and no arrests were made.

Alleged assaulter fled in limo
An 18th Avenue resident told police he was punched several times in the face early Tuesday morning by a man who left the scene in a limousine.

According to reports, the two men got into an argument at 12:40 a.m. near North High Street and Frambes Avenue. The fight escalated when the suspect in the assault started throwing punches at 22-year-old victim. One of the punches struck the victim’s hand, knocking his cell phone into the street, where it was run over by a car.

When the alleged assaulter got into a limo to leave the scene, the victim followed him and told him to pay for the cell phone. But the man got out of the limo and again began throwing punches at the victim before other men exited the limo and ushered the suspect back into the vehicle.

The victim of the assault discovered the owner of the limousine, but no one has been arrested.