It has been two weeks since the Ohio State field hockey team last lost a game.
At the start of the season, against superior competition, the Buckeyes struggled, dropping three games to higher-ranked teams.
While OSU was ranked No. 18 in the nation, it suffered defeat three times in four games, to No. 12 James Madison, No. 3 Syracuse and No. 7 Princeton.
Each loss was by a single point, with the latter two concluding in overtime. Suffice to say, the Bucks have fought through their rough patch.
Since the 1-3 start, the No. 20 Buckeyes have rolled off five consecutive victories, by a combined score of 17-2.
During the stretch, senior Lindsay Quintiliani has been a force at goalie. She has been named Big Ten defensive player of the week for two straight weeks.
Quintiliani allowed just two goals in 210 minutes of play last week. She has posted three consecutive shutouts, blanking Vermont, Central Michigan and Ball State.
Quintiliani has started every game but one since arriving at OSU as a freshman in 2006.
Freshman forward Berta Queralt was awarded Big Ten offensive player of the week honors after compiling four goals and an assist during OSU’s winning streak.
Now at 6-3, the second-best record in the Big Ten, the Buckeyes welcome No. 17 Indiana (5-2) to Columbus on Sunday to kick off the conference schedule.
Both teams are looking up at Northwestern (8-2) in the Big Ten standings. The Wildcats finished the 2008 season in last place.
Sunday’s contest between Ohio State and Indiana is at the North Turf Field at 1 p.m.