The Student-Alumni Council is seeking leaders to apply for membership by Friday.

These leaders are not necessarily defined by their accomplishments on campus, said Stephanie Stelmaschuk, president of SAC.

“The thing we are looking for most are the people who are excited about what we are doing in SAC and people who want to step up to the challenge,” Stelmaschuk said. “SAC is a great place to develop and hone your leadership skills. It is a good place to start if you want to get involved on campus.”

SAC, a student organization for almost thirty years, works to help students make the most of their time at Ohio State.

“At the most basic level, what we are trying to do on campus is help students have an amazing Ohio State experience,” Stelmaschuk said.

Members partner with many other student organizations on campus, such as the Union, to collaborate on and volunteer for events such as Welcome Week, Homecoming Week and May Week. They also sponsor events in partnership with the OSU Alumni Association.

“Those are important weekends at OSU, so we try to encourage students to take place in those traditions,” Stelmaschuk said. “The philosophy of our organization is that we try to connect Ohio State students from the past, present and future, and we try to keep them continuously engaged to the university.”

Stelmaschuk, an SAC member since her freshman year, credits her decision to attend OSU to the alumni who shared the stories of their experiences on campus.

“Every single OSU alumni we talked to had positive things to say and raved about their experiences at Ohio State,” Stelmaschuk said. “I think that is why I really believe in our mission on campus.”

Stelmaschuk said the most important part of SAC — and the reason it is able to accomplish so much throughout the year — is the strong connection shared between members and their dedication to the organization.

“So many of them are so accomplished and have done some amazing things,” she said. “At the end of the day, what keeps people coming back are the friendships through SAC.”

Students interested in applying to the Student-Alumni Council can find more information at the organization’s Web site, sac.ohiostatealumni.org.