For PromoWest Productions producer Jason Corron, working with music was a childhood dream.

On Sept. 19, Corron’s dream became reality when he hosted PromoWest Live, a new NBC4 television show highlighting concerts from four PromoWest venues.

“Our goal was to create a way for our avid fans to relive their concert experience while giving them an all-access, behind-the-scenes look at the concert industry,” Corron said. “The show will feature interviews and performances with the biggest names in music.”

Featured bands include: 311, SSP, O.A.R., Jane’s Addiction, Metric, The Airborne Toxic Event, Flaming Lips, G.Love, Matt and Kim, Black Joe Louis, Juliette Lewis, Smashing Pumpkins, Cat Power, Pretenders, Daughtry and Stellastarr.

PromoWest Live airs 1 a.m. Saturdays following Saturday Night Live.
Three episodes have been aired with concerts from PromoWest Productions-owned venues: Lifestyle Communities Pavilion, Newport Music Hall, The Basement and A&R Music Bar.

Sponsored by Sierra Mist, PromoWest Live will run for one year with 26 original episodes.

“We are very confident this show is here to stay. Hopefully with NBC this
show goes national,” Corron said. “We’ve had some interest already.”

Fifteen months ago PromoWest Live was a thought, and five months ago it was a pilot on its way to becoming a show.

Corron said it began with him and Scott Stienecker, owner of PromoWest, looking for a way to further enhance the overall concert-going experience.

The show didn’t have a host, so Corron stepped into the position with no previous experience.

“I’m just a tie-in with the band. It is a 30 minute show, and I’m on camera for two and a half minutes,” he said. “I’m not Ryan Seacrest, and I don’t have to be. I’ve never done this before, and it’s something I’m definitely enjoying.”

Corron, a Columbus native, said he wants no other job in the world; working with talented musicians is as cool as you would think it would be.
Video footage from concerts not used for PromoWest Live will be available for viewing on Promowestlive.com.

PromoWest Live is a partnership of NBC and PromoWest Productions.