The Ohio State basketball team didn’t sign any new recruits for this season, but they did add two new players.

In mid-October, the OSU basketball team held tryouts for new walk-ons to make the team.

After all was said and done, two new walk-ons had impressed the coaching staff enough to earn a spot on the roster.

Eddie Days, a 6-foot guard, and Dustin Reynolds, a 6-foot-6-inch forward, were the two players that made the team.

“It was amazing. I‘ve always dreamed of playing here, playing at a big school like this and just being part of a great program,” Reynolds said. “I am living a dream every day, working hard and just trying to make the guys better.”

Days also shared his excitement about making the team, the second time he has made the OSU roster.

“I was real excited,” he said. “It’s something I’ve been working on since the beginning of the summertime.”  

Days made the team two seasons ago, but could not stay on the team due to injuries. He is now healthy and ready to contribute.

“I just want to fit in and become part of the team,” Days said. “I know my job; my job is to help out in practice and get those guys ready for the games.”

The Cleveland native was a three-time letterwinner in basketball during high school at Richmond Heights. At OSU he will be a senior academically, but he will have two years left of eligibility to play basketball for the Buckeyes. 

It was the first time going through the process for Reynolds. He played one season at Hillsdale College, but sat out last season with an injured back. Now injury-free, Reynolds will return to the basketball court wearing a Buckeye uniform.

Reynolds led his high school team in scoring and rebounding. It was always his dream to play basketball for the Buckeyes, he said.

In this first season with OSU, Reynolds will be red-shirted, since he transferred in to OSU from a different school. Under NCAA rules, a player who transfers between Division I schools must sit out a year. When he sees actual game action next season, he will have two years of eligibility remaining.

This season, he will be a big part of helping the players get better at practice and preparing them for games.

This same group of Buckeyes has been playing together for a year, so the players understand what it takes to win. Both walk-ons want to come in and fit into the system.

They know their roles on this team and they just want to contribute to this already good basketball team.

“I expect great things,” Reynolds said. “We’re having great practices and who knows, we’re just going to ride things out and see where it takes us.”