The Ohio State women’s soccer team ended its season Friday with a loss to Oregon State.

Though the Buckeyes had one of the more successful regular seasons in program history, they were unable to advance past the first round of the NCAA tournament with the 3-1 loss.

OSU scored first when an own goal by an Oregon State defender gave the Buckeyes a 1-0 lead. But the Beavers answered with two goals of their own in the first half, and for the third time all year, the Buckeyes were trailing at halftime.

The second half brought much of the same, as Oregon State added a third goal in the 60th minute and the Buckeyes were unable to muster up offensively.

“You have to credit Oregon State,” coach Lori Walker said. “They came in and they executed their game plan, and they played some very good soccer.”

The three goals were the most OSU has given up all year, perhaps because of the absence of All-Big Ten defender Cassie Dickerson. Dickerson suffered an injury in the Buckeyes’ regular-season finale and was unable to play against Oregon State.

“That changed our rotation by not having her,” Walker said. “Her leadership and her calmness that she brings to the field on our back line were extremely important.”

The Buckeyes finished the season with 14 wins, tied for second-most in program history. Although they had higher expectations for the postseason, Walker still considers the season a success.

“I’m very proud of what we’ve done this year,” Walker said. “14-4-2 with only two seniors, I think, is a remarkable season.

“Once the pain and the sting go away, I think we’re all going to look at it and say, ‘Hey we all did a lot of really great things.'”

For around the clock OSU sports updates, follow the Lantern Sports Twitter @lanternspts24_7