Penn State 69, Virginia 66
The Nittany Lions won their third straight challenge contest, as Talor Battle scored 28 of his 32 points in the second half to hold off a late push by the Cavaliers.

No. 6 Purdue 69, Wake Forest 58
Guard E’Twaun Moore scored 22 points and forward JaJuan Johnson chipped in 21 points and nine rebounds to lead the Boilermakers to victory after a sluggish first half.

Northwestern 65, North Carolina State 53
The Wildcats limited the Wolfpack to just 34 percent shooting as Northwestern glided to a double-digit victory in Raleigh, N.C. Guard Michael Thompson played all 40 minutes for Northwestern, leading the Wildcats with 22 points.

Maryland 80, Indiana 68
Four Terrapins scored in double figures, led by point guard Greivis Vasquez’s 23, as Maryland rolled to victory over the lowly Hoosiers. Maryland moved to 8-3 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

Virginia Tech 70, Iowa 64
Malcolm Delaney scored 18 points as the Hokies fended off a Hawkeye rally to down Iowa by six in Iowa City. Iowa nailed 12 three-pointers, but Virginia Tech turned the ball over just five times.

No. 11 North Carolina 89, No. 9 Michigan State 82
Ed Davis and Larry Drew achieved career-highs of 22 and 18 points respectively, leading the Tar Heels to their third victory over the Spartans in the past 12 months. Carolina held a 19-point advantage at one point before Michigan State made a late push. The Spartans finished just 2-20 from three-point range.

Miami (FL) 63, Minnesota 58

Neither team held a lead larger than five, but the Hurricanes pulled away late to knock off the Golden Gophers in Coral Gables, Fla. Freshman guard Durand Scott led Miami with 20 points.

Boston College 62, Michigan 58
The Golden Eagles handed Michigan its third consecutive loss, riding forward Corey Raji’s season-high 24 points. The Wolverines connected on just nine of 34 three-point attempts.

Illinois 76, No. 19 Clemson 74
The Illini rallied from a 23-point second-half deficit, shooting 61 percent in the second session, to shock the Tigers in their building. Illinois outscored Clemson 49-27 in the second half. Mike Davis led the Illini with a game-high 22 points and nine rebounds.

Wisconsin 73, No. 5 Duke 69
The Badgers handed Duke its first ever loss in the 11 years of the Challenge. Trevon Hughes paced Wisconsin with a career-high 26 points.

No. 15 Ohio State 77, Florida State 64

Guard Evan Turner recorded his sixth double-double of the season and the Buckeyes caught fire from beyond the arc to down the sloppy Seminoles and clinch the series victory for the Big Ten. Turner finished with 25 points, 13 rebounds and six assists and forward Jon Diebler put in six three-pointers. Florida State turned the ball over 20 times.