New York Jets vs. Cincinnati Bengals
After coach Rex Ryan said that his team was “obviously out of the playoffs” after his squad’s meltdown loss against Atlanta, the New York Jets find themselves in wildcard weekend. Football fans around the country believe that the Jets caught a lucky break after winning their final two games versus opponents that already had clinched a playoff berth.

But many overlook that the Jets possess the No. 1 defense statistically and have one of the league’s best-running games with Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene.

The Bengals will seek revenge after their 37-0 loss last week at the Meadowlands. They will also look to take advantage of rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez’s habit of consistently turning the ball over.

If Sanchez doesn’t turn the ball over and the Jets continue to run the ball successfully, the Jets could pull off a low-scoring victory.

Pick: Jets

Baltimore Ravens vs. New England Patriots
The Patriots lost a key component of their offense after NFL reception leader Wes Welker tore his ACL and MCL in week 17. This is a devastating loss for the Patriots, but New England is always able to move pieces around after a loss of an injured player.  

The Ravens once again relied on their defense and running game to make the playoffs for a second straight year. Second-year quarterback Joe Flacco had another successful season after his surprisingly strong rookie year.

A significant factor in Sunday’s contest is that the Patriots will be hosting the Ravens in the frozen confines of Foxboro, where they haven’t lost all season and have won 11 consecutive playoff games.

Even with the loss of a key receiver and a defense that has slumped throughout the season, the Patriots should win their first playoff contest because of two key individuals: Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.

Pick: Patriots

Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys
Could Dallas and Tony Romo finally win a playoff game for the first time in more than a decade? The Cowboys will host their first playoff game in the newly constructed Texas Stadium in front of what should be a hostile crowd.

Quarterback Tony Romo has had a successful and consistent season and Dallas’s defense is coming off of consecutive shutouts for the first time in the franchise’s history. Its most recent one was in the season finale against Philadelphia, 24-0.

Philadelphia’s offense will be difficult to slow down with electrifying receiver DeSean Jackson and quarterback Donavan McNabb. But the Cowboy’s defense has hindered the Eagles’ offense decisively in their past two contests.

Dallas has defeated the Eagles twice this season and it should be able to carry over its late-season success to defeat Philadelphia for the third time in an offense-powered contest.

Pick: Dallas  

Green Bay Packers vs. Arizona Cardinals
The Cardinals went on an unexpected Super Bowl run last season that surprised everyone outside of Arizona. But don’t expect the Cardinals to make another trip to the Super Bowl.

It looks as if receiver Anquan Boldin won’t be 100 percent for Sunday’s contest and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie suffered a knee injury in week 17. This should cause problems for the Cardinals as they try to cover receivers Greg Jennings and Donald Driver.

Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers has emerged as one of the NFL’s best young quarterbacks this season. With exceptional offensive weapons, Rodgers should be able to win his first playoff contest. The revamped Packers 3-4 defense, led by resurged cornerback Charles Woodson, should slow down the Cardinals’ high-powered offense.

Pick: Packers